Specialised Program for Students with ASD – Expressions of Interest Open for 2019
We are still taking Expressions of Interest for 2019. Please contact the school to speak with the Program Coordinator, Sara Leed for more information on 9591 6900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Information Session Wednesday 13th February 2019 5pm Cooloongup PS
Sara Leed, the Program Coordinator will be holding an information session for prospective parents at the library at Cooloongup Primary School, 21 Westerly Way, Cooloongup at 5pm. This session will cover eligibility, how to apply, and generalised information about the program and the school. All prospective parents and community members welcome, there will be a short presentation followed by time for questions. Please RSVP to email@example.com
What is the Specialised Learning Program for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Primary)?
The Specialised Learning Program for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (Primary) at Cooloongup Primary School is a program for up to 25 students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) who do not have the competencies at the point of enrolment to participate successfully full-time in mainstream classrooms.
The goal of the Specialised Learning Program is to meet the individual needs of students with ASD from Kindergarten to Year 6 by providing programs to assist the students to achieve positive academic, behavioural, social and emotional outcomes to enhance the skills required for primary education and a transition to full-time mainstream enrolment.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- Eligibility for enrolment in Western Australian public schools.
- Documented evidence of diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- No diagnosed intellectual disability.
- Documented evidence of significant social, emotional and/or self-regulation challenges directly attributed to the impact of the ASD.
- Independent self-management of personal care requirements.
How do I apply?
- Parents and schools may refer students for the specialised program. Referrals are made to the Program Coordinator by contacting Cooloongup Primary School on 9591 6900 or submitting an Expression of Interest Form.
- The Expression of Interest form provided to parents will deem if the student meets the eligibility criteria. (However, submitting an Expression of Interest does not guarantee that the student will be offered a place in the program.)
- Specialised Learning Program staff conduct observations, assessments and/or interviews of/with students and parents who are deemed to be suitable for the program.
- Parents are notified of the outcome of the Expression of Interest, and if successful, these students will be offered a place in the program.
Please note: submitting an Expression of Interest and/or meeting the eligibility requirements does not guarantee the student will be offered a place in the program.
If you require further information, please contact the Program Coordinator at Cooloongup Primary School on 9591 6900.
Specialised Learning Program Information Sheet
Expression of Interest Form